bookswami

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MY FAVORITE BOOKS THAT I READ IN 2011

For some years now, I've compiled a list of my favorite books that I read in the previous 12 months.  I tuck this list into Christmas cards and my hairdresser posts it on her salon wall and copies it for customers, some of whom ask for it each year.  Here's my list for 2011:

The Taliban Shuffle  by  Kimberly Barker
Caleb's Crossing  by  Geraldine Brooks
Crazy Sexy Diet  by  Kris Carr
Little Bee  by  Chris Cleave
Girls in White Dresses  by  Jennifer Close
The Marriage Plot  by  Jeffrey Eugenides
The Whistling Season  by  Ivan Doig
Room  by  Emma Donoghue
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down  by  Anne Fadiman
Freedom  by  Jonathan Franzen
The Veganist  by  Kathy Freston
Little Princes  by  Conor Grennan
The Litigators  by  John Grisham
Turn of Mind  by  Alice LaPlante
The White  by  Deborah Larsen
In the Garden of Beasts  by  Erik Larson
An Object of Beauty  by  Steve Martin
Emily, Alone  by  Stewart O'Nan
Swim Back to Me  by  Ann Packer
State of Wonder  by  Anne Patchett
Wench  by  Valdez Dolen Perkins
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks  by  Rebecca Skloot
The Art of Racing in the Rain  by  Garth Stein

1 comment:

  1. great post-this list is always appreciated and have added the books I haven't read to my Amazon wish list

    ReplyDelete